Do you currently have missing teeth in your smile? If so, take heart. You can bring back your smile with the help of a dental bridge for missing teeth. A dental bridge is a non-removable restoration that supports your smile whether you are missing several teeth in a row or just one. This is important because gaps left behind aren’t only unsightly, but they can impact your smile’s health as well. To prevent long-term problems from developing due to lost teeth now is the time to take action.
So let’s take a quick look at what happens to your smile when the gaps are left untreated:
- You are more prone to gum disease and tooth decay.
- Your smile’s appearance suffers as the gaps stand out when you smile or speak.
- Your speech can be affected.
- The remaining teeth in your mouth can shift.
- Your bite may be altered.
- If your bite is altered, you are susceptible to temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ) as your teeth are subjected to uneven pressure when chewing.
Dr. Michael Taylor and our team at Blue Ridge Dentistry are happy to offer dental bridges in Boone, North Carolina, for patients missing teeth. This fixed restoration uses two or more crowns for the remaining teeth on either side of the gap. Also known as abutment teeth, these teeth anchor the false tooth which is placed in the gap.
To assess whether a dental bridge can bring back your smile’s form and function, please give our Blue Ridge Dentistry team a call at 828-264-3333 to schedule your consultation with our dentist in Boone, North Carolina. Dr. Michael Taylor and our team are excited to work with you to create the healthy, confident smile you deserve!